Celebrate your freedom with Challenge 2 at Papercraft Star! This weeks challenge is 4th of July - Red, White, blue - Americana! You can post your entries for this Challenge Wednesday June 30th - Saturday (12:00 noon Eastern Time) on the 3rd! Voting will begin on Saturday and end Tuesday July 6th!
I used this weeks challenge to create a Fourth of July 12X12 layout! I used red, cream, and two shades of blue for the color combination to add that Americana flare. To give the layout dimension and interest, I used stars and fireworks on pop dots and added stickles to give them some sparkle!
1) Base blue cs 12X12, red patterned paper 4 3/4X10 7/8, striped pattern paper 6 1/2 X 10 7/8, Dark Blue cs photo mat cut to 5 1/4X7 1/4, Very Vanilla journal strips 2 cut at 3/8 X 3 1/4, 1 cut at 3/8 X 4 1/4 and 1 cut at 3/8 X 4. You will need scrap pieces for fireworks, title and stars.
2) Using your Cricut: with the Stand & Salute cartridge cut 1 blue firework at 2 inches and one Oatmeal firework at 1 1/2 inches. Using the Platinum Schoolbook cartridge, cut INDEPENDENCE at 1/2 inch on shadow and DAY at 1 inch on Shadow using brown cs.
3) Round corners of base cs and Patterned paper. Punch 4 blue cs stars using star punch.
4) Adhere Striped patterned paper and red patterned paper allowing the red to overlap the striped. Staple ribbon to patterned paper along seam line and adhere to base. Ink the ribbon and edges of the base cs.
5) Add stickles to blue stars and blue firework. File edges of smaller photos, then adhere all photos and the title to the layout. Adhere stars and fireworks to the page using pop dots.
Paper: Bordering Blue, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla by Stampin' Up! Oatmeal pearlized paper by Best Occasions
Patterned Paper: Me & My Big Ideas Coastal Culture Stack
Ink: Close to Cocoa by Stampin' Up!
Embellishments: Ribbon from Beachfront Ribbon Originals Pack by Stampin' Up!
Tools: Cricut, Platinum Schoolbook and Stand & Salute Cricut cartridges, small stapler, sanding tool or nail file, corner rounder punch, and star punch by Stampin' Up!
Other: Journal pen, Faded Jeans Distress Stickles by Ranger