Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Papercraft Star - Challenge 24

It's time for Challenge 24 at Papercraft Star!! The challenge this week is a Papercraft Recipe!
Green Holidays
Create an altered holiday gift, card or scrapbook layout
using recycled or re purposed items you already have on hand.

What a great challenge, huh? You have until Saturday at Noon EST to Link your entries for this Project to the PCS blog post and then Voting will begin! You can vote for your favorite 2 projects Saturday - Monday at Midnight EST and then the winner will be announced Tuesday!


The Design Team Sponsor for this Challenge is Catherine Pooler.


The Prize Sponsor for this week's challenge is.. 
Purple Pumpkin with an Embellishment Package!



Now with all that said.... on to my project!
I was having such a good time that I created two projects for this challenge! I decide to use bottle caps as my recycled/re purposed item! I have been saving them for sometime and apparently it was for this challenge! :)

The first project I made was this bottle cap Marilyn necklace as a Christmas gift for my Sister.



The second project is an accordion flower, bottle cap Christmas Ornament!!
  

It's a little difficult to describe what I did to the bottle caps in writing, so here is a video to help you out!



SUPPLY LIST:

Necklace:
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Raven 1/2 inch Lace Trim - Item #120988
1" circle punch - Item #119868
Love Letter Designer Series Paper - Item #117162
Crystal Effects - Item #101055
Stampin' Dimensionals - Item #104430

Other Supplies:
Recycled Bottle cap and Packaging
Big Bite
Computer & Printer
Photo from Internet
micro beads
Jump ring
Ball Chain Necklace

Ornament:
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
1" circle punch - Item #119868
1 3/4" circle punch - Item #119850
Love Letter Designer Series Paper - Item #117162
Crystal Effects - Item #101055
Stampin' Dimensionals - Item #104430
Kraft Taffeta Ribbon - RETIRED
1 1/2 X 12 inch strip of Chocolate Chip Card Stock (scored every 1/4inch) - Item #119926

Other Supplies:
Recycled bottlecap & Packaging
Hot Glue Gun
Computer & Printer
Ephemera from www.magicmoonlightfreeimages.blogspot.com
Metallic Gold Encore Ink
Iridescent Gold and Pearl Glimmer mist by Tattered Angels
 
 


10 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

WOW....What an awesome project. And thanks for the tutorial. Gonna try this for sure. :)

C Stephens said...

Awesome ornaments and excellent tutorial Regan!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I've been curious how these are made - thanks for the tutorial! Great ornaments, Regan!!

Kristina said...

Such a cool project and awesome video!! Love it Regan. I watched your Ustream video on the charms too, fantastic! You need to hurry up and move so you are closer to me...lol

Tracy said...

This is such an awesome project Regan! The video is great and like Kristina, I caught your u-stream Sunday. I'm definitely going to give this a try. :)

Liz said...

Great project Regan! Great tutorial and the necklace is so pretty.

Sleepy Stamper said...

Thanks for the video! I love this project! And I loved the charm video from the past weekend!

Kim Duran said...

Thanks for the video Regan! I laughed when you said you asked a bunch of random people for the caps, but then corrected yourself - too cute! I love what you created! This would be a perfect project for me to try with my kids. I am going to try this for sure!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun project! Love the bottlecap necklace!

♥Jan♥ said...

Now this is why you are a senior designer at Papercraft Star - clever AND a tutorial too, wow!! We are so lucky to have you.