Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Laughing Together - Papercraft Star Challenge 38

Happy Wednesday!! I hope that your week is going well! Today I would like to share another layout with you! Papercraft Star has opened challenge 38 today which happens to be a sketch by Liz Chidester! I just love the variety of challenges that PCS has to offer!


I had such a great time with this sketch! I created this 12X12 layout to document a visit we had with my sister. I pulled the orange from the photos for my inspiration and chose my designer papers based on that color.



I used the Mi Casa stack by DCWV along with some Webster's trim, a Prima cork flower and a Tim Holtz mask to create this layout. For a complete supply list be sure to scroll all the way down!

As far as techniques go, I did some tearing, masking, inking and distressing along with some dimension and layers!

A big Thank you to Gloria for the great chip pieces, they worked perfectly for this layout!! :)

I hope you will join us for challenge 38 over at Papercraft Star, we would love to see your work! You have from today until Sunday March 27 at 9:00 pm EST to submit your entries and then the voting will begin! Remember to stop by the PCS blog everyday for more fun and come chat with us on the PCS Message Boards!


Our Grand Prize Sponsor and Design Team Sponsor this month is...


Thank you for stopping by!
Regan

Supply List:
Card Stock: Confetti Cream by Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Mi Casa Stack by DCWV
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink by Ranger & Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker by Stampin' Up!
Tools: Tim Holtz Regal Mini Mask, distressing tool by Stampin' Up! and Storylines guide by Creative Memories
Other: Webster's Pages Designer Trim, Neutral Jigsaw Shapes by Making Memories, Cork flower by Prima, Chocolate Chip Corduroy button by Stampin' Up!, Black Typewriter ABC Nostalgiques by Rebecca Sower by Sticko, Scotch foam tape, glue dots and Tacky Tape.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

This is so cute Regan! I love the pictures!! You did a great job, as always :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this layout, Regan! The photos are adorable and all of the little extras you added are perfect - I especially like the together stickers!! Great job!

C Stephens said...

Another wonderful layout Regan. I love what you did with the distressing, masking and title. Great job!

TheLastOfNine said...

Great layout and what a fun picture you used. Glad to hear you liked those chip pieces. Also, I just put you on the my list for The Versatile Blog Award, stop by when you get a chance.
Gloria

Tracy said...

You've really had some great photos to work with on your recent layouts Regan. This is another fabulous one. The papers are great and I love the way you positioned the pics. Fantastic job!

Angi Barrs said...

Love love love the photos. And the paper is adorable. Love that flower too. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute layout Regan! Love all the sweet photos and pretty patterned paper!