Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pat-a-Cake - Papercraft Star

Good morning! Today is the day challenge 45 begins at Papercraft Star! The challenge this week is to create a project using this photograph as your inspiration that includes at least one die cut or stamped image, a metal element or button, and two different kinds of patterned papers.

(photo credits - Amy Atlas Events)

I chose to create a card for this challenge using the colors and stripes in the photo as my inspiration. I included a stamped image, metal element, button and two different patterned papers.


To the card I added one of my crocheted flowers and a handmade butterfly embellishment out of a paper clip and a Prima flower. To add some interest and to balance the metal on my card, I heat embossed my stamped images with silver embossing powder.




 
You have from today until 9:00 pm EST on Sunday to submit your entries for this challenge and then voting will begin! I look forward to seeing your entries! Remember to join Papercraft Star everyday throughout the week for tutorials and more inspiration!


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Regan

Supply List:
Card Stock: Whisper White by Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Spring All Over by GCD Studio
Stamp(s): Agapanthas Cluster by Stampendous and Songbird by Prima Marketing
Ink: Silver Encore Ink
Tools: Heat gun, hot glue gun and scallop border punch by Stampin' up!
Other: White hug snug seam binding, button, Prima flower, silver paperclip,
metal embellishment by Making Memories, clear embossing powder by Martha
Stewart and pink crochet flower by me.

8 comments:

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

I love the paper you chose for this card...so pretty and the sentiment...too sweet!

C Stephens said...

What a lovely card Regan. So soft and delicate...just beautiful!

Kristina said...

I love love your crocheted flowers! Very cute Regan!

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

I never think about my embossing powders, and you have inspired me to do something about that !

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a pretty card, Regan! I love the flower with that little butterfly and your color inspiration is gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Gosh, everytime I see one of your crocheted flowers I want to go practice and improve my technique. The stitches so even and neat. The flower butterfly is totally cute. Lovely card Regan!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful. Love that crocheted flower. :)

Kim Duran said...

So pretty, Regan. I just love the crochet flower. It's soft and sweet - a great touch for this card.