Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pat-a-Cake - Papercraft Star

Good morning! Today is the day challenge 45 begins at Papercraft Star! The challenge this week is to create a project using this photograph as your inspiration that includes at least one die cut or stamped image, a metal element or button, and two different kinds of patterned papers.

(photo credits - Amy Atlas Events)

I chose to create a card for this challenge using the colors and stripes in the photo as my inspiration. I included a stamped image, metal element, button and two different patterned papers.


To the card I added one of my crocheted flowers and a handmade butterfly embellishment out of a paper clip and a Prima flower. To add some interest and to balance the metal on my card, I heat embossed my stamped images with silver embossing powder.




 
You have from today until 9:00 pm EST on Sunday to submit your entries for this challenge and then voting will begin! I look forward to seeing your entries! Remember to join Papercraft Star everyday throughout the week for tutorials and more inspiration!


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Regan

Supply List:
Card Stock: Whisper White by Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Spring All Over by GCD Studio
Stamp(s): Agapanthas Cluster by Stampendous and Songbird by Prima Marketing
Ink: Silver Encore Ink
Tools: Heat gun, hot glue gun and scallop border punch by Stampin' up!
Other: White hug snug seam binding, button, Prima flower, silver paperclip,
metal embellishment by Making Memories, clear embossing powder by Martha
Stewart and pink crochet flower by me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the paper you chose for this card...so pretty and the sentiment...too sweet!

C Stephens said...

What a lovely card Regan. So soft and delicate...just beautiful!

Kristina said...

I love love your crocheted flowers! Very cute Regan!

♥Jan♥ said...

I never think about my embossing powders, and you have inspired me to do something about that !

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a pretty card, Regan! I love the flower with that little butterfly and your color inspiration is gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Gosh, everytime I see one of your crocheted flowers I want to go practice and improve my technique. The stitches so even and neat. The flower butterfly is totally cute. Lovely card Regan!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful. Love that crocheted flower. :)

Kim Duran said...

So pretty, Regan. I just love the crochet flower. It's soft and sweet - a great touch for this card.