Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet Summertime and Sunshine - Unscripted Sketches

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your summer despite the crazy temperature!

Today is Sketch it Saturday at Unscripted Sketches! Unfortunately this is my last project as a member of the US design team. I am sad to go but I need to cut some of my commitments. I want to spend some more time with my kiddos before I have to send the oldest off to school. They grow up so fast and I want to be sure I capture as much as I can! Anyway, back to the Sketch!


When I saw this sketch, I immediately saw a layout! I headed to the computer, picked my photo, gathered my paper and went to work! Here is what I came up with....


I used the Sweet Summertime collection pack by Echo Park for this layout.


I did some doodling around the edges of my pattern paper for a bit of fun and whimsy.


I used the name of the collection, located at the bottom of the patterned paper, as an embellishment and part of my title. I punched a bird with paper from the collection to add another fun element.

The title was actually by accident. I wanted to title the page You are my Sunshine, but I just didn't have the stickers, etc. to make that happen. I had so much fun making this layout. I hope you are inspired to get some craftin' done today! 

Remember that Christmas in July continues through the end of July at Unscripted Sketches. I will be announcing the winner of my Journals at the end of the month, so if you haven't entered, head to my YouTube Channel or Blog Post and leave a comment. 

A big Thank You to the ladies at Unscripted Sketches! I have had fun working with you. I appreciate your sweet comments and support. *hugs*

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you will leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Regan

Get The Look:
Yellow strips (sun beams): 3 1/4 inches long (cut one end narrower than the other)
Yellow circle (sun): 5 1/2 inch circle
Green strip: 1 1/4 X 8 inches
Dot strip: 1 5/8 X 7 1/2 inches
Photo: 5 3/16 X 3 3/4 inches
Photo mat: 5 5/16 X 3 7/8 inches

Supplies:
Paper: Sweet Summertime by Echo Park
Ink: Black fine tip permanent marker by Sharpie (acid free)
Tools: Bird Punch by Stampin' Up! and Circle Cutter by Martha Stewart
Other: Glitter thickers by American Crafts, Vera Sunflower vinyl letter thickers by American crafts, paper girl sticker market by The Girls Paperie, and border stickers from the Sweet Summertime collection by Echo Park.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great layout made from that sketch!! Love the sun :-)

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...love that yellow sunshine. The doodling is fun too. :)

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Gorgeous! Love the big sun!