Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family - Papercraft Star

Hi, today challenge 57 opens at Papercraft Star. This week the challenge is books! Use a title, a theme or even a book cover somehow on your project.

theHouseAcrosstheBay is Papercraft Star's permanent sponsor and Rilly has given the design team some great digital sheets to work with. She will also be providing the prizes for the challenges and is graciously giving PCS followers freebies monthly. If you haven't checked out theHouseAcrosstheBay (THATB), you really should!

For my project this week I used book pages from an old dictionary and the vintage ad frames V2 from THATB to create little ATCs (artist trading cards) for each family member/group. I think they would look great on a handmade family tree, in a heritage book or as a fun ornament! They were super fun and easy to make!

















I printed the vintage ad frames out, cut them out and inked the edges in tea dye and walnut stain distress inks. I stitched some book pages to the edges of the frames using my sewing machine and cut them with small scallop scissors to add a cleaner look.




After that I printed my photos in sepia small enough to fit on the card and decorated the cards with vintage buttons and other fun embellishments.


A fun family tree display....


I hope you were inspired by my project today and will join us for challenge 57 at Papercraft Star!

I appreciate the time you take to leave comments.
Have a wonderful week!
Regan

8 comments:

Sarah said...

love the idea and the atc's on the tree is so adorable. What a great display for your home.

Tracy said...

I absolutely love how this turned out! You have the most clever ideas Regan! I see some of your beautiful crocheted flowers in the mix. Awesome, AWESOME project for this week!

Just Me said...

Love this Regan, very pretty!!!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wow I just love this Regan!!! The frames look so great with the little embellishments. So lovely!

♥Jan♥ said...

Wow. You really made those little frames come alive !! I have looked at this like 30 times - I am so impressed, Regan !

FerrellGraph-x said...

I'm sure this will be cherished for generations! Each piece is a little treasure of it's own. Love the frames!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Kim Duran said...

Regan, this is by far the most creative project I have seen from you yet! Ok, I say that a lot about your work, but this one just stands out! What an amazing keepsake for your family! I love what you did with the atc tags and mixing them up with black and white photos. Looks so vintage and nostalgic!

a1983alaskan said...

Wow! LOVE the look :-) I guess I'd better get aquainted with THATB :-)