Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Wreath

Today I thought I would share a Christmas card I made inspired by the Christmas Planners I made for a swap.

Here are the planners...


and here is the card....


I made this card with the same general idea, but instead of corrugated cardboard I used kraft cardstock. I ran the cardstock through my big kick with the wood grain embossing folder by Tim Holtz, then I  dry brushed it with white acrylic paint to give it a white washed look. I punched the branches out of scrap paper using the bird and branch punch by Stampin' Up! I traced a circle onto the card and layered my branches up around the circle to create a wreath. Add a bow and some small embellishments and your done! It kind of reminds me of a front door. :)

I hope you enjoyed my post today!
Thank you so much for stopping by,
Regan

Supplies:
Cardstock: kraft by The Paper Studio
Pattern Paper: green scraps in different shades and patterns
Tools: Bird and Branch punch by Stampin' Up!, Big Kick, wood grain embossing folder by Stampin' Up!, paint brush, and something round like a lid to trace a circle.
Other: white acrylic paint, red sequins, gold ribbon and glossy accents by Inkssentials

2 comments:

Tfriday said...

Love this card, Regan. TFS...

Tracy said...

WOW! Gorgeous swap notebook AND a gorgeous card! A twofer! LOL These really are great Regan. Love all the texture. So will your swap partners. :-) Hugs!