Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Faux Scrabble Tile Necklace - Papercraft Star

Hi There! This week at Papercraft  Star ANYTHING GOES!! :) I always enjoy these challenges because we get to see such amazing work from all of our participants!

By request of Miss Jan, I made some jewelry featuring the beautiful digital images from The House Across The Bay. She originally requested a bracelet but I didn't have all the stuff to make the type of bracelet I wanted. Instead I made scrabble tile necklaces using faux scrabble tiles I found at my local Hobby Lobby and the Christmas Squares digital sheet.

Enough rambling, here it is....



I inked the edges of the tiles; the poinsettia with gold Encore ink and the Santa with walnut stain.
I added some gold seed beads to the center of the poinsettia with glossy accents to add some texture and dimension to the piece.  I think they both turned out lovely. 


Jan, if you would like one of these please private message me with which one you would like and your mailing address. :)

I hope you will swing by the Papercraft Star blog and join us for this fun challenge. You have until 6:00am EST on Monday November 28th to link up your beautiful creations... See you there!!

Thank you for stopping by and
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Regan

Supplies:
THATB: Christmas Squares 055
Ink: Metallic Gold Encore Ink and Walnut Stain distress ink by Ranger
Tools: Paint brush, scissors, eye hook and tweezers
Other: Mod Podge, glossy accents by Inkssentials, ball chain by Tim Holtz and gold seed beads.

4 comments:

FerrellGraph-x said...

Reagan this is brilliant! I can see the bracelet, what maybe 7 of the scrable tiles. It could have a message on the inside of the bracelet! I love the beads on the poinsetta! Fabulous!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Sleepy Stamper said...

Oh what a great use of the inchies! This is so cute! I am always amazed by your creativity!

Anitra

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable. I've always wanted to make some of these. :)

Tracy said...

These are fabulous Regan! You have such a talent for making the coolest jewelry with paper crafting supplies. Thank goodness that smart Jan suggested this. :-) Awesome!